Long ago, Ellen G White had an amazing vision which, in effect, summarizes the main focus of this site's mission:
" While I was praying at the family altar, the Holy Ghost fell upon me, and I seemed to be rising higher and higher, far above the dark world. I turned to look for the Advent people in the world, but could not find them, when a voice said to me, 'Look again, and look a little higher.' At this I raised my eyes, and saw a straight and narrow path, cast up high above the world. On this path the Advent people were traveling to the city, which was at the farther end of the path. They had a bright light set up behind them at the beginning of the path, which an angel told me was the midnight cry. This light shone all along the path and gave light for their feet so that they might not stumble. If they kept their eyes fixed on Jesus, who was just before them, leading them to the city, they were safe. But soon some grew weary, and said the city was a great way off, and they expected to have entered it before. Then Jesus would encourage them by raising His glorious right arm, and from His arm came a light which waved over the Advent band, and they shouted, 'Alleluia!' Others rashly denied the light behind them and said that it was not God that had led them out so far. The light behind them went out, leaving their feet in perfect darkness, and they stumbled and lost sight of the mark and of Jesus, and fell off the path down into the dark and wicked world below. Soon we heard the voice of God like many waters, which gave us the day and hour of Jesus' coming. The living saints, 144,000 in number, knew and understood the voice, while the wicked thought it was thunder and an earthquake. When God spoke the time, He poured upon us the Holy Ghost, and our faces began to light up and shine with the glory of God, as Moses' did when he came down from Mount Sinai.
The 144,000 were all sealed and perfectly united. On their foreheads was written, God, New Jerusalem, and a glorious star containing Jesus' new name. At our happy, holy state the wicked were enraged, and would rush violently up to lay hands on us to thrust us into prison, when we would stretch forth the hand in the name of the Lord, and they would fall helpless to the ground. Then it was that the synagogue of Satan knew that God had loved us who could wash one another's feet and salute the brethren with a holy kiss, and they worshiped at our feet.
Soon our eyes were drawn to the east, for a small black cloud had appeared, about half as large as a man's hand, which we all knew was the sign of the Son of man. We all in solemn silence gazed on the cloud as it drew nearer and became lighter, glorious, and still more glorious, till it was a great white cloud. The bottom appeared like fire; a rainbow was over the cloud, while around it were ten thousand angels, singing a most lovely song; and upon it sat the Son of man. His hair was white and curly and lay on His shoulders; and upon His head were many crowns. His feet had the appearance of fire; in His right hand was a sharp sickle; in His left, a silver trumpet. His eyes were as a flame of fire, which searched His children through and through. Then all faces gathered paleness, and those that God had rejected gathered blackness. Then we all cried out, 'Who shall be able to stand? Is my robe spotless?' Then the angels ceased to sing, and there was some time of awful silence, when Jesus spoke: 'Those who have clean hands and pure hearts shall be able to stand; My grace is sufficient for you.' At this our faces lighted up, and joy filled every heart. And the angels struck a note higher and sang again, while the cloud drew still nearer the earth.
Then Jesus' silver trumpet sounded, as He descended on the cloud, wrapped in flames of fire. He gazed on the graves of the sleeping saints, then raised His eyes and hands to heaven, and cried, 'Awake! awake! awake! ye that sleep in the dust, and arise.' Then there was a mighty earthquake. The graves opened, and the dead came up clothed with immortality. The 144,000 shouted, 'Alleluia!' as they recognized their friends who had been torn from them by death, and in the same moment we were changed and caught up together with them to meet the Lord in the air.
We all entered the cloud together, and were seven days ascending to the sea of glass, when Jesus brought the crowns, and with His own right hand placed them on our heads. He gave us harps of gold and palms of victory. Here on the sea of glass the 144,000 stood in a perfect square. Some of them had very bright crowns, others not so bright. Some crowns appeared heavy with stars, while others had but few. All were perfectly satisfied with their crowns. And they were all clothed with a glorious white mantle from their shoulders to their feet. Angels were all about us as we marched over the sea of glass to the gate of the city. Jesus raised His mighty, glorious arm, laid hold of the pearly gate, swung it back on its glittering hinges, and said to us, 'You have washed your robes in My blood, stood stiffly for My truth, enter in.' We all marched in and felt that we had a perfect right in the city."
The quotation above is from Ellen Whites' first vision. This vision was given to encourage the Advent brethren who went through the great disappointment at the end, and conclusion, of the 2300 day prophecy of Daniel 8:14. The encouragement was based on the idea that God was still in charge and that all of the events around 1844 were a part of God's plan. 1844 was a key element in the final events to prepare a people to be ready to meet with God. (Webmaster's note - the key elements listed below are primarily aimed at the highlighted part of the vision quoted above. There are many thoughts involved in this vision but the concepts around 1844 are what are being focused upon.) The key elements of the 1844 experience are summarized as follows:
1. 1844 is involved with God's people walking on the straight and narrow path.
2. 1844 is involved with a seperation between the world and God's people.
3. The people, from the 1844 experience, are going to the city at the end of the path. That is the New Jerusalem. Hebrews 11:16; Galatians 4:26
4. There was a bright light set up at the beginning of the path which an angel says was the Midnight Cry - the message which gave impetus to the 1844 experience and set the date of termination of the 2300 day prophecy as 10/22/1844. This confirmed the dates of the 1844 experience.
5. This light shone all along the path and gave light for the feet of God's Advent people so that they would not stumble. Thus there is never a time when this light is not necessary.
6. Jesus was just before the people leading them to heaven and those who kept their eyes fixed on Him were safe.
7. Some of the Advent people grew weary due to the length of the journey and expected to have entered into the city sooner.
8. Jesus would encourage those who were weary by raising his right arm and a light would wave over the people and the people were happy and shouted 'alleluia'.
9. Others, indicating that there was a seperation of people even among the Advent people, rashly denied the light behind them and said that it was not God who had led them out so far. The light behind them was the Midnight Cry, intimately attched to 1844.
10. When those people denied the light behind them, thus negating the Midnight Cry/1844 experience, the light went out.
11. When the light went out it left their feet in darkness and the people lost sight of the mark of the Holy City and they lost sight of Jesus, and they fell of the strainght and narrow path to the world below.
12. Thus one section of the Advent people lost their way and one section of the Advent people stay focused on Jesus and keep the awareness of 1844 and the Midnight Cry as an essential part of their Christian experience and keep on the path to the New Jerusalem.
In addition to the above concepts involved with the 1844 experience are some implied principles as well. Those implied principles are as follows:
1. Ellen White was a Messenger for Jesus.
2. Ellen White was raised up by Jesus to comfort His people during the Great Disappointment of 1844.
3. The Great Disappointment of 1844 was similar to the Great Disappointment of the Disciples at the death of Jesus.
4. The 1844 experience was similar to the Children of Israel having their faith tested at the Red Sea. 8T 115
5. 1844 was similar to the Red Sea experience in the path, the light at the beginning shining to the distant goal of the other shore, and having to rest in the care of Jesus. PP 284-287
6. The vision by EGW concerning the Midnight Cry confirms the prophetic interpretation of the Millerites/Advent people was correct.
7. 1844 confirms that the 2300 days was interpreted correctly.
8. The 70 weeks and the 2300 day prophecy were to stay united forever.
9. The sanctuary doctrine was an essential part of the doctrinal package of God's final people.
10. The cleansing of the sanctuary was an essential component of God's doctrinal package.
11. Jesus is the center concept of the 1844 experience.
12. The Red Sea experience sets the stage for the building of the sanctuary in Moses' time, the building of the sanctuary in Zechariah's time, the sanctuary experiences of the end of the 70 week prophecy, the time of Jesus' sacrifce as the Lamb of God, and the sanctuary movements of 1844 are inseperable.
13. The commandments of God are an essential part of the sanctuary doctrine.
14. The Sabbath of God is an essential part of the commandments of God.
15. The gospel is a central part of the sanctuary doctrine and is inseprably united with Jesus.
It is the goal of this website to promote all of the principles listed above and to encourage the study of the principles underlying the 1844 experience in all of its facets. It is also the goal of this website to discuss and teach all interested people about the fruit of the 1844 experience - the 3 angels messages, which could not be presented until the judgment time had come - 1844. It is this writer's belief that God has raised up this website to teach these principles and to have a role to play in God's great ministry to His children still in Babylon to invite them to come out and join God's people walking the straight and narrow path to the Holy City of God. Please keep all phases of this ministry in prayer that God's holy will may be done and that Jesus, the author of the 1844 way, will be exalted and lifted up.
If you would like to correspond with me please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I am also available to travel, or speak, as needed. I am in process of editing the chapters on Daniel and Revelation to put it into book form and if you would like to assist please review the section on the Needs of the 1844 Way for the cost issues. Thank you again for your prayers.