Spiritual Dictionary Section Numbers
7 - "The number 7 indicates completeness, and is symbolic of the fact that the messages extend to the end of time…" AA 585
8 – A symbolic number generally used to convey the concept of a new life, new beginnings, or resurrection. CO.
Noah, the eighth person. New life after the flood. II Peter 2:5
Each child is circumcised on the eighth day. Genesis 17:12
David was the eighth son of Jesse. I Samuel 16:10-13
One of the seven heads of the scarlet beast was not and is counted as an eighth. Revelation 17:10-11
10 - A symbolic number generally used to convey worldwide application in a state of sin, or to address a state of sin. CO Genesis 37; Genesis 31:7; Genesis 42:1-3; Exodus 20:1-17; Numbers 14:22-23; I Kings 26-35; Nehemiah 4:7-12; Esther 9; Daniel 7:7,24; Revelation 17:3,12; 12:3; 13:1; Zechariah 8:16-23; Matthew 25:1-13
666 - A symbol of rebellion against God's directions. CO
Deuteronomy 17:14-20 God's rules for when God's people rebel against Him and ask for a king.
1. When you want a king he must be your brother, he must not be a stranger. v. 15
2. The king must not multiply horses, and not go back to Egypt to get them. v. 16
3. The king must not mulitiply wives. v. 17
4. The king must not multiply silver and gold. v. 17
5. The king must read a copy of this law in a book. v. 18
6. The king must not turn away from this law. v. 19-20
Solomon - I Kings 10:14-11:13
1. Was a king of Israel from among his brethern.
2. Disobeyed God by mulitiplying horses from Egypt. I Kings 10:26-29
3. Disobeyed God by multiplying wives. I Kings 11:1-8
4. Disobeyed God by multiplying silver and gold. Received 666 talents of gold per year. I Kings 10:14-21,27
5. No record of Solomon reading Deuteronomy 17, he very likely had read and understood.
6. Solomon did not obey God. I Kings 11:9-11
While Solomon was in rebellion against God he fulfilled the principle of 666 - a sign of a man out of relationship with God. CO
The Beast of Revelation 13:17-18 - "And that no man buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is six hundred threescore and six(666)" It is the CO's that the beast of Revelation 13 is the same as the little horn of Daniel 7,8; the king of the north of Daniel 11; the man of sin of II Thessalonians 2; the Synagogue of Satan of Revelation 2:9; 3:9; The Great Whore of Revelation 17
1. The Beast power is a son of perdition. II Thessalonians 2:3. It is similar to Judas. John 17:12. It claims to be a follower of God but is not. Revelation 2:9 and 3:9; II Thessalonians 2:4
2. It multiplies horse in the sense the it is a war like power which is the purpose of gathering horses. Daniel 7:21; 8:10-11; 11:33,40-45; Revelation 13:4,6-7,15
3. Multiplied relationships outside of God's approval. Adulterous in the sense that it accepts worship instead of giving it to God. Revelation 13:4,7-8,12,15-16; 17:2
4. It attempts to control all finances. Revelation 13:16-17
5. The Beast commits blasphemy by trying to change God's laws. Daniel 7:25; Revelation 13:1,5
6. The Beast disobeys all of God's commandments. He who breaks one commandment - seeking worship instead of giving it to God - has broken all of God's commandments. Revelation 17:14
The Beast follows the pattern of Solomon in it's rebellion against God. God will take it's power away from it and destroy it. While in this rebellious state if fulfills the principle of 666. CO
1260 days – 42 months – “The period her mentioned (Revelation 11:2,3) “forty and two months,” and “a thousand two hundred and threescore days” are the same, alike representing this time in which the church of Christ was to suffer oppression from Rome. The 1260 years of Papal supremacy began in A.D. 538, and would therefore terminate in 1798.” GC 266, 356
7700 - a multiple of 7 that is displayed in the obedient life of Jehoshaphat. II Chronicles 17. It appears to be a contrast to 666. CO
1. Jehoshaphat was of the children of Israel.
2. No record of him multiplying horses.
3. No record of him multiplying wives.
4. No record of him multiplying silver or gold.
5. He taught out of the book of the law. II Chronicles 17:9
6. He kept the commandments of God. II Chronicles 17:3-6
7. No war against Jehoshaphat because of the Spirit of the Lord. II Chronicles 17:10
8. The heathen brought gifts to Jehoshaphat in the number of 7700 rams and 7700 goats.
This number appears to be a symbolic number indicating that Jehoshaphat was in harmony with Jesus. CO
144,000 – See One Hundred and Forty Four Thousand
2300 Day Prophecy - Daniel 8:14 -A comprehensive overview of the probationary experiences of the Jewish church, the Christian/Catholic church, and the Protestant church. The probation system starts in 457 B.C. with the reestablishment of Israel in their home country; the support of Medo-Persian empire in allowing Israel to rebuild the temple, the rebuilding of Jerusalem. Ezra 1:1-4; 6:14; 7:11-26. The 2300 day prophecy encompasses the 490 year/70 week probation on Israel (Daniel 9:24-27) which culminates with the 70th week in 27 A.D. When Jesus is baptized at the Jordan river the last week of years (70 weeks equals 490 years - 70x7=490 and a day equals a year. Numbers 14:34 & Ezekiel 4:6. So 490 days = 490 years in prophetic time.) 483 -490 begin. Jesus, in His grace, fulfills the counsel given to Peter in Matthew 18:15-22 of forgiving 70x7 times. Even after His crucifixion, in the middle of the 70th week 30 A.D. (Daniel 9:25-26) Jesus still grants Israel another 31/2 years to respond to His gift of mercy. Israel did not respond and Jesus closed their probation in 34 A.D. the end of the 70 weeks. (See Israel - How changed from literal to spiritual Israel) Even here the grace of Jesus is revealed in that when Israel rejected Him He still had a plan to save all who will come unto Him. Jesus started the Christian era to keep the opportunity of salvation open to His people. It is the collector's opinion that after Christianity was functioning for several hundred years God saw that the church in existence would so fall away from Him as to be an enemy of His people. In 538 A.D. the Christian church, then known as the Catholic Church, ascended to the seat and power of Rome. With this power, and not being willing to submit to Jesus, the church started to seriously turn from doctrinal purity and begin to change the times and laws of God. Daniel 7:25. In 538 A.D. Jesus started the 1260 day probationary period for the Christian/Catholic church (time times and the dividing of time Daniel 7:25, the 42 months of Revelation 11:2; 13:5, and 1260 days of Revelation 11:3; 12:6 all equal 1260 days/years) which would end in 1798 A.D. When the church rejected Jesus completely He allowed them the freedom of rejecting Him. See Blindness. Also, during this 2300 day/year prophecy the Protesting churches - or Protestant churches started their experience around 1200 A.D. and their probation ended in 1844. Still the grace of Jesus is revealed that even then His mercy was revealed in that He provided yet another opportunity for the revelation of His salvation. Jesus brought into existence another church - the Remnant church - to be the proclaimer of His truths and to alert His people of the soon coming of Jesus. Each time Jesus has raised up a church it corresponds to His movements in the Sanctuary above. The Jewish church corresponds to the courtyard of the Sanctuary. The Christian/Catholic church which retreated to the courtyard experience with the Jewish church GC 568, as well as the Protestant churches correspond to the Holy Place in the Sanctuary. The Remnant church corresponds to the Most Holy Place in the Sanctuary. The Remnant church experience has a probationary period as well and will end when the Sanctuary is cleansed, just before the 2nd coming of Jesus Revelation 22:10-12. When that time comes the decisions of all mankind will have been made - for or against Jesus. CO. See Church - Signs of True.