- 144,000 are wit the Lamb of God – thus they are Christians.
- 144,000 were on MT. Zion with the Lamb of God. Mt. Zion is where the city of God is – the New Jerusalem. Hebrews 12:18-22. This is a symbol of God’s kingdom. Daniel 2:35,44-45; 9:16,20; Joel 2:1, 3:17; Zechariah 8:2-3
- 144,000 have the name of the Father in their forehead. A sign of revealing the character of God – Holiness to the Lord. Hebrews 10:16; Ezekiel 3:8-9, 9:4; Exodus 28:36-38; Leviticus 8:9
- They sang a new song before the throne.
- Only the 144,000 could sing this song.
- Song of being redeemed from earth. They then must be Christians redeemed by Jesus.
- These 144,000 were not defiled by women. They did not drink of the false doctrine given by Babylon and her daughters. Rev 17:1-6
- The 144,000 were virgins – no error, no spiritual adultery with Babylon and her daughters. Rev 17:2
- They follow the Lamb wherever He goes. They are commandment keepers as Jesus was and walk as He walked. John 14:10-15; I John 2:6, 3:22-24; Rev 14:12
- 144,000 are firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb – a select group testifying of the rest of the redeemed. Christlike – I Cor 15:23
- No guile in their mouths – no error, no false doctrine, no false gospel. Ephesians 4:1-16
- They are without fault before God – They, being human beings had to be redeemed therefore they must be clothed with the righteousness of Jesus, they must be cleansed from all doctrinal error, and they walk in the ways of Jesus and are thus commandment keepers. They must fulfill Rev 14:12 and are patient, keep the commandments of God, and have the faith of Jesus.
- The angels of God hold the winds of strife, so they do not hurt anything, until the servants of God are sealed in their foreheads – forehead is the place where decision making is done for or against God. Hebrews 10:16; Ezekiel 9:4; 3:8-9; Leviticus 8:9; Jeremiah 17:1
- The 144,000 have the seal of God. The seal of God represents the presence of God in their lives through the Holy Spirit. Ephesians 1:13; 4:30; II Tim 2:19. The are sealed with the truth of God – John 3:33. They are sealed a sign of someones ministry. I Cor 9:2. They are sealed with the Sabbath – a sign that God is their Creator and their God who sanctifies them. Exodus 31:12-17; Ezekiel 20:12,20. Sabbath is the only commandment that shows the elements of an official seal – Name of the Lawgiver – The Lord thy God; Title – Creator; Territory – Heaven, earth, sea. Exodus 20:8-11. Sealing indicates commandment keepers by the faith of Jesus. Rev 14:12
- 144,000 are servants of God – they serve and obey God – they do what God has instructed them to do. Matthew 7:15-27
- 144,000 represent the 12 tribes of Israel – these are either literal descendents of Abraham and are not converted – for if they were converted to Jesus they would be Christians, or they are a symbolic number representing those who follow Jesus and are thus Abraham’s seed and heirs according to the promise and are thus Christians – Galatians 3:26-29
The 144,000 are first fruits to God indicating a special relationship with Jesus – the Lamb, and represent the larger group of Christians for they are redeemed from among men. These 144,000 are pure, holy, and they follow in the footsteps of Jesus. They act and think like Jesus and are thus sealed in their foreheads, and are Christians. They obey all of the commandments of God, including the Sabbath – the visible sign of obedience to Jesus the Lord of the Sabbath. They also have the faith of Jesus which is what helps them keep the commandments of Jesus. They are special servants of Jesus and follow Jesus wherever He goes. They have no spiritual contamination with the doctrines of Babylon, or her harlot daughters. The tribulation can not come until this group is prepared and sealed. This group is representative of God’s true Israel – those who have accepted Jesus Christ as their Saviour. Galatians 3:26-29; Hebrews 12:18-24